What is Skip Tracing?
Skip tracing is the practice of finding a person for the purpose of service of process, the satisfaction of a court order, a collection procedure, or to satisfy a prerequisite for a more intensified search. It is frequently used by lawyers, private investigators, debt collectors, journalists, detectives, guarantors, real estate agents or investors, or by any person attempting to locate a subject whose contact information is not immediately known.
When is skip tracing useful?
If your debtor or witness has “skipped town” and you need the correct information before you attempt service, file legal documents or try to collect a debt.
But aren’t there websites where I can do skip tracing searches on my own?
The internet has made searching for individuals and companies much less challenging than it once was. However, the quality of the information has not increased at the same rate as the availability of it. As many of our clients discovered before coming to us, much of the information provided through “do it yourself” services is outdated and incorrect.
Why use Asset Source International?
- Our success rate is 97%. If someone can be found, we will find them.
- Our skip tracing service is No Hit = No Fee. If we don’t locate the person, you don’t get charged.
- We utilize comprehensive databases that are not available to the general public.
- We utilize a minimum of 3 sources of information for each skip trace.
- An investigator thoroughly verifies all searches.
Asset Source International also offers Asset Location, Public Records Searches, and Place of Employment Search.